From our team at BIOLIFE4D, we hope everyone is staying healthy and safe during this trying time. We’re especially thinking of all individuals with underlying health conditions. Difficult circumstances like this make it even more important to be heart healthy and do all that you can to prevent heart disease.
Everyone can benefit by adapting heart healthy lifestyle choices – no matter what your age is. Particularly in your 20s, 30s, and 40s, it’s important to understand the risks and facts surrounding heart disease and do what you can to further reduce your risk of developing heart disease. After all, you could be setting yourself up for a healthier future. Below, we’ve outlined a few measures you can take at each age group to ensure you’re on the right (health) track!
In your 20s
- Assess your current habits. Master heart healthy habits early on and identify what habits would be beneficial to alter – eating healthier, increasing your daily activity, etc.
- Establish a relationship with a doctor. If you don’t already, schedule regular check-up appointments with a physician. It’s important to get into the routine of scheduling regular appointments, even if you are healthy.
- Quit smoking and avoid second hand smoke. As you likely know, smoking is detrimental to your health and if you’re a current smoker, it’s important to cut this habit early on.
In your 30s
- Keep track of your family history. It’s important to be learn each family member’s health history and potential genetic factors that could impact your health. Try creating a guide, similar to a family tree. This way, you could know exactly what to tell your doctor.
- Adjust routine. It’s inevitable that as we get older, our bodies start to change. Turning 30 could make these changes more evident. It’s important to adjust your daily routine and pay more attention to weight gain and exercise.
- Proper stress management. An increase of responsibilities could lead to added stress. Whether it’s family, work or finances, managing stress early on could be extremely beneficial to your wellbeing. Meditation is a great stress reliever – you never know until you try!
In your 40s, stay consistent with your routine and implement more healthy plans for yourself and the family.
- Manage all health risks. Since your metabolism could slow down, pay more attention to your weight and increase physical activity. Consistently check cholesterol, blood sugar and blood pressure.
- Know all signs. Without a doubt, it’s helpful to know and understand any and all heart attack signs. This way, you can act fast and get the necessary help.
At BIOLIFE4D, our goal is to innovative heart disease treatment and combat this devastating disease. For more information and additional measures to take, visit the American Heart Association. And if you haven’t already, please be sure to follow along with us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
– Team BIOLIFE4D