Beginning in 1992, World Mental Health Day takes place each October. This year it comes at a time when our daily lives continue to be affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and mental health challenges continue to be significant.
The pandemic has affected nearly everyone, regardless of age. It has had significant impact physically for millions through infection, illness, and unfortunately even death, while simultaneously causing potentially severe mental challenges and issues for countless others. Just because the effects aren’t always manifested visibly doesn’t mean they aren’t just as significant or harmful.
Whether or not you choose to take part each October in World Health Day, here are a few thoughts to consider which may appear small in gesture but for the recipient they can make all the difference!
- Donate time or money to a mental health organization.
- Reach out to a family member or loved one in need.
- Carry out random acts of kindness / Compliment a stranger.
- Take time for yourself every day.
- Always make time for laughter.
Stay safe & be well,