Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics—2020 Update
- The age-adjusted death rate attributable to cardiovascular disease (CVD), based on 2017 data, is 219.4 per 100,000.
- On average someone dies of CVD every 37 seconds in the U.S. There are 2,353 deaths from CVD each day, based on 2017 data.
- On average someone in the U.S. has a stroke every 40 seconds. There are about 795,000 new or recurrent strokes each year, based on 1999 data.
- On average someone dies of a stoke every 3.59 minutes in the U.S. There are about 401 deaths from stroke each day, based on 2017 data.
- Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death globally, accounting for more than 17.8 million deaths in 2017, an increase of 21.1% from 2007, and expected to reach more than 22.2 million by 2030. Read full article
While the global focus right now is on the COVID-19 pandemic and the uncertainty it brings to us, we must continue the commitment of optimal heart health for ourselves and for our loved ones.
- Maintain healthy eating habits
- Exercise regularly
- Get a proper amount of sleep each night
- Schedule your regular medical check-ups with your Doctor
We at BIOLIFE4D continue our laser focus on bringing our product to market as quickly as possible to save countless lives, and to reduce the statistics for future updates to come.
Please Stay Safe & Be Healthy!